Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Winter IM Training, Protein Consumption & blowing off work

So, I am sitting here, (not working) and trying to figure out how much of this winter I will be on the trainer. I have all the winter gear that one would need, but not the heart to go out and put myself through that crap-ola. How can I do intervals while worring if some car sees me all bundled up or not? Hmmm. Maybe the rides outside will be limited to the long aerobic rides.

The other subject for today is protein consumption....i am not very good with this. I really love my carbs and fat. (well, specifically, cheese) Dairy seems to not be my friend right now. I want to eat my oatmeal, but wonder if I can put protein powder in it? I have heard about mixing in cottage cheese (YUK) or egg whites (double-YUK). I am trying to keep the weight in control and have gone back to my plan of no sweets or alcohol during the week. That worked to loose 10#! Now that I have lost the 10# I want to keep them off! (maybe go down a little more, but not too much) I just want to replace the fat with muscle, so if my weight goes up, well thats ok, as long as I get faster and stronger. Foods I love: Grilled cheese, quesadillas, french toast, pancakes, Oatmeal, baked pasta (lasagna, ziti) PBJ on toast..see the theme? ugh!

I have a great blender now and have to get back on the smoothie track for 1 meal each day. So today's smoothie is going to be:
1 banana
1 scoop protein powder (maybe this is how it going to be, for me)
pear nectar
1 cup frozen berries

Favortie Cookbook: Moosewood Simple Suppers - easy and yummy food. Currently since its fall, we are rocking the carmelized onion and blue cheese pasta. I also put mushrooms in it. YUM!

Music listening to: Radiohead, In Rainbows. I love Radiohead, this album is really great. I highly recommend you go buy it. The cool thing is they are selling it for whatever you want to pay. I paid $10.

KEXP - my favorite radio station. Its from Seattle and is a public station. you can listen online, www.kexp.org. Next week is the pledge drive and its actually something to look forward to. John and Cheryl (2 dj's) go absolutely nutz on air. Listen to them, seattle time, 6 am - 2 pm. John is on from 6-10, Cheryl is 10-2, but for the drive they both are on air the whole time. Very funny.

You can also get a FREE song every day through iTunes on the KEXP podcast. Well worth it. I have learned about so many great bands through this station. You should listen to them!

thats all for now. i have a project to get done at work.

No comments: