Saturday, October 27, 2007

Driving with Crazy in DC

So Saturday afternoon, I'm stuck in the back of a small SUV with 6 people (and a dog). Everyone is having conversations with everyone else. We have 2 different sets of directions and a map that has so many pen marks and circles on it you had no idea which mark was where you were or where you were going. The phrase of the trip was "we need to make a left somewhere." It ended up totally fine and we made it to the restaurant. If not, we would have turned into the Donner party .

We are in DC to run the Marine Corps Marathon Sunday. I have no idea how this marathon is going to go, but I'm here and I am going to make the best of it. This has turned into a nice family reunion for my husbands family. His uncle has run 50 marathons in 50 states and is getting the District of Columbia tomorrow. He has also run marathons in 3 provinces in Canada and is planning on running Vancouver next spring. My husbands cousin who has just survived breast cancer is going to run it too! Which for me is very inspirational.

So I am just chilling now and going to go to get a movie and go to bed for the race. It starts at 8am. Will post a report when we are back.

No comments: