Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jealousy, PR, Swimming

OK, I am jealous. I'm not at Coeur d'Alene right now racing an Ironman. Its raining here, and lightening, so no bike ride today - Maybe I can squeak in a long run. As much as I love sitting here and watching ironman live, its not going to get the job done.

I had a PR on Wednesday at a great local race. Summer Solstice 14K put on by the Shawangunks Runners. Check out their link on the right. (its a little longer than a 14K) but I cut off 7 minutes and the course is very hilly. The first 3.6 miles are all up to Castle Point where you get a cup of water...then its all pounding downhills on rocks and babyheads with switchbacks to mile 5.3 where you get another cup of water. Then its flat all the way home until the last 200 yards that are like 12% grade climb on gravel. OUCH.

The post race spread is always nice with lots of fruit and cookies. I ended up winning 2nd in my AG! I never win anything so this was really awesome. The DH was very proud of me even though he missed me getting my name called in front of everyone. The problem is I don't like the bread. I wish I could have picked out my own flavor. I guess winners can't be choosers! ha ha.

Minnewaska Distance Swimming is open and the water has been really nice. I have been cranking out some great times for my training up there. 35 minutes for 2200 yards is nice and fast for me. Hopefully the water will warm up enough for me to wear my skinsuit instead of the wetsuit.

No comments: